If you’ve lived in St Louis for any length of time, you know that hailstorms, heavy rains and high winds are part of our spring ritual. While those storms bring much-needed rain and make the flowers bloom, they also bring major headaches for St Louis homeowners. Your St Louis home’s roof, siding, windows and gutters can take a good beating. When rain, wind and hail take their toll on your home, you should have a reliable, accredited and highly rated storm and roofing restoration specialist. A good place to start is with your local Better Business Bureau. The higher a contractor’s rating, the better. This means that even if they’ve had issues, they work with the homeowner to resolve them.
However, in the chaos following severe weather unaccredited and unauthorized contractors descend upon St Louis, MO homes in droves. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to have multiple contractors show up on their doorstep. So it’s hard to take the time to confirm a contractor’s credentials. Often, they’ve promised you a roof for little to no cost, so you may think: “Well, why not? What do I have to lose.”
Well, there may be plenty to lose.
First, let’s start with what you should avoid:
- High-pressure salesmen.
- Out-of-State plates and unmarked vehicles.
- They don’t present their license or wear an official solicitor lanyard with their accreditations. Solicitation is widely prohibited in many townships, so showing up rapidly in the aftermath of a storm before they’ve received their Solicitor license, is a red flag.
- They have no state licensing or credentials.
- They ask you to put their signs up in your yard. This is a move to deceive your neighbors into thinking that they’re trustworthy and that you’ve already selected them.
- They try to push you to file a claim even when it’s obvious that you don’t have any real storm damage. Don’t file a claim unless you’re certain. Every time you make a claim it goes on your “permanent record” with insurance companies EVEN IF THE INSURANCE COMPANY NEVERS PAYS! This can cause your rates to rise or make it difficult to get insurance in the future.
- They claim they have special relationships with insurance adjusters or that they can help you pocket some extra money on your claim.
- They push you to allow them on your roof before even getting a view from the ground. There is liability to having people climbing on your roof. Have you confirmed they are insured?
- They pressure you to sign a contract immediately and seek deposits up front.
- They don’t have any verifiable references nor any membership or reviews with organizations like the Missouri Better Business Bureau.
We’re a local, licensed, accredited, and insured storm restoration expert. And we work hard to maintain that trust. So we do things differently:
- We never ever use high-pressure sales tactics.
- We don’t ask to get up on your roof until invited; many times we simply leave our business card and invite you to call us if you need assistance.
- We are fully bonded, insured and licensed in multiple states including Missouri and Illinois.
- We possess A+ ratings from trusted sources like the Better Business Bureau.
- We possess, display or will present our solicitor’s licenses.
- We often work in the same neighborhoods, so you’ve seen our trucks and you can ask your neighbors about us.
- We know all the various building codes for multiple townships, localities and municipalities. We track all codes and changes to validate your homeowner insurance company’s coverage and payouts are specific for your area. Many less scrupulous or inexperienced contractors merely refer to generic checklists.
- Our goal and mission is to make our customer informed consumers and find the best restoration and roofing solutions.
We do things the right way and treat people the way we expect to be treated. We don’t cut corners and we’re looking to build a lasting relationship with our customers. After all, it’s part of our mission to become a trusted resource for you, your friends and neighbors.