You’re probably anxious to get your home back together and your life back to normal. Whether it’s a full restoration or home improvement project, Olneya Restoration Group strives to minimize the disruption to your routines and make the process less stressful for the whole family.
What You Can Expect
- Noise: To ensure that we meet project deadlines, our crew will start working as early as daylight. The pounding of hammers and buzz of power tools can make it difficult to be in the house. You may want to make plans away from your home while we’re working.
- Debris: Although we try to avoid damaging any trees, plants, and outdoor furniture and structures, construction produces debris and dust.
- Vehicles in your driveway: Trucks will be unloading supplies, such as shingles or siding, and loading old materials and waste.
- Workers coming and going due to supply deliveries, weather and other project work: Your Sales Support professional will notify you when work will begin on your home so that you’re prepared.
- Building materials stacked in your driveway the day before work begins. We try to schedule deliveries on the morning construction is to begin, supplier schedules may require materials to be delivered the day before. Your Sales Support professional will notify you when a delivery is scheduled so you have time to move vehicles and other items.
What You Can Do To Get Ready for Construction
- Remove loose items from your walls and shelves. Construction may create vibrations. Taking down pictures and removing breakables from shelves will prevent unnecessary damage
- Remove and cover outdoor furnishings, grills, yard equipment and potted plants that might be damaged by falling debris. Although our crew will do their best to avoid letting debris fall, some mess is inevitable. It’s possible that small branches or blooms may be knocked off trees and shrubs.
- Move your cars, bicycles, motorcycles, boats, etc., out of the work area to prevent accidental damage.
- Check electric breakers to ensure they are working correctly. It’s likely that our crew will be using power tools.
How to Keep Your Family and Pets Safe
- Keep young children and pets away from the work area. Kids are naturally curious about what’s going on. We’ll do what we can to keep the area safe, but please make sure kids, dogs and cats keep their distance.
- Secure your dogs, cats or other pets. Olneya is committed to minimizing stress for your pets and preventing injuries. We’ve partnered with the St. Louis County Animal Shelter to develop a special pet checklist to help you prepare for construction when pets are on the property. After your project is complete, complete our Customer Survey, and Olneya will make a donation to either The St. Louis County Pet Adoption Center or Habitat for Humanity, your choice. We’re St. Louis’s only pet-friendly contractor.
- Consider boarding or removing your pets during construction. The noise and presence of strangers may cause your pet to become anxious.
- Watch for stray nails and other sharp debris after construction is complete. Our crew will use a magnetic nail roller to pick up nails and other metal debris. However, it’s possible that nails or other debris may be missed.
A restoration or home improvement project doesn’t have to be a nightmare. With proper preparation and communication, it’s a temporary inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns at any point, please contact us. Your comfort is our first priority.